Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Christmas at Lilies On Brougham

So today I'd like to share a place that is dear to me, a place called Lilies On Brougham set on 4 acres in Eltham, 45 minutes from the Melbourne CBD, I have been visiting here for the past 6 to 7 years, I was introducted to Lilies by a teacher back when I was studying interior decorating and design, one of our projects was to turn (make believe) the little heritage listed mud brick cottage into a bed 'n' breakfast, this was the first visit, and I fell in love...   
form the moment you drive up the drive way you are greeted with french rustic urns, planters, outdoor settings and urban rustic architecture, through Autumn the leaves on the climber turns to the most brilliant deep rich red, it is a site to see...   
beautiful gardens that surrounds the acres, nursery to find that special plant you need or use the landscape service. The little mud brick on your left, that you can view inside, sometimes they set that up as a tea room too and other surrounding rustic buildings and sheds that has very large urns and planters to view and buy... 
you can just see the cottage on the left, I love walking out here with all that lavender, and the wisteria the smell is amazing, you really do feel like your in Europe, not that I've been to Europe, but I imagine that's what it would be like...  


so through the plastic strips, you are greeted with a rustic chippy green church pew that houses many rustic concrete urns and round silver grey baskets with lids, as you open the door the smell of French soaps in the air, as you walk into the gift shop towards the tea house cafe the aroma of coffee and amazing food from the kitchen lingers in the air, tantalizing your taste buds... 
most times I arrive here very early in the morning while its not busy, that way it give Wendy (owner) and I a little chance to chat, you can just see the back of her in image above, this is the tea room, if you plan on visiting you must ring to make a booking, as everyday is booked out, click on link at the top of the post for opening times, address and phone details...
All home ware is hand selected here and imported from France by Wendy and Melissa (sisters) as we move on you will find everything is French inspired and have a warm sense of home...  
oh and did I mention I supply Lilies with my gift tags, below are some of my Christmas line, generally I supply the French theme, which most of them come here and don't make my online boutique...

beautiful glass ware, white jugs, cups and teapot house inside the silver grey shelving... 

beautiful French soaps...

white French soaps and hand creams, with a children section...

The one thing I truly love is Wendy and Melissa's clothing line called Lily & Lulu very simply, relaxing and French inspired, from their many trips to France,

one special time of the year, is time I love to visit, all the Christmas decorations...
oh and one Gail's paintings, I have to say Gail your painting works very well with their colorway of the shop...

beautiful glass domes, cake stands and candle urns...

black and silver Christmas ornaments...

now this is my corner, loving aqua, silver and white at the moment, so I have purchased some of these for my Christmas tree this year...


gorgeous!!! don't you think...
Eiffel Tower paper weights...

French grey scripted throw cushions above and below...
does anyone now what those sticks with handles are for...well let me tell you...you need two of them they have a split down the long stick you slide your news paper in, one for each side, and you hold the handles, not only dose it lend to elegance, but also to keep the black ink off your hands...
some rustic coat hangers...

a simple branch Christmas tree...



wooden stars boxes...
Now to these breath taking French doors, one day a set of these will be hanging in my house, I love them don't know how many times I walked back to them to dream... 
to some sweet knitted Christmas dolly's, aren't they sweet...

Thank you so much for visiting Christmas at Lilies on Brougham, all image where taken by me on the the owners approval, if you would like to see more of Lilies On Brougham, Lily & Lulu, ladies tours to France
 or the landscaping service please feel free to click on many link throughout this post.

Please visit this link Lilies Gallery to view some amazing images, on the top right hand corner of the image click on next, these are some images of the cottage, landscape and tea room. 

Have a wonderful week!

Kirstie

11 comments:

suzyq said...

Kirstie, thank you for that wonderful 'shopping trip'. Thank goodness I wasn't there in real life or I would be broke!!! How could you resist everything??
Suzyq

Sling said...

Good info! Keep up these nice posts.

shabby*vintage*dreams said...

I WANNA GO!!!
I WANNA GO!!!
I WANNA GO!!!
IS THERE A REASON YOU HAVENT TAKEN ME HERE YET????? I can see a dozen things I'd love to buy..
next time Im down YOUR taking me please...

Alicia ~ time worn style said...

Amazing shop, thanks for sharing, I am going to have to visit soon!
alicia

Tracy Wills said...

wow what pretty things, I wish that store was here where I live.

Alison Gibbs said...

OMG Kirstie how come you haven't shown this to us before??? It is amazing. Definitely on my 'to visit list'
Alison

Gail McCormack said...

Hi Kirstie
I need to go and visit "Lilies"
Best I save my pennies before I do!

Your tags are absolutely beautiful Kirstie!

Thanks for the link, I must admit, I can't remember painting that one...but I guess I've done quite I few, so will excuse myself!

Gail xx

maría cecilia said...

oh my god!!! this is a place that I have completely fell in love with!!! thank you so much for sharing and tell Wendy that someone from Chile is loving what she has created!!!!
cariños

Anna Rosa Designs said...

Hi Kirstie,
Oh wow, thank you for sharing such a gorgeous place with us.
I'll definately add that one on my list of places to visit.
So many pretty pieces just like your tags!
Hugs,
Anna

Heather ~Pretty Petals said...

oh WOW Kirstie!! What a gorgeous place to visit!! I loved every single photo. No wonder you love it so... I love seeing all of your flowers blooming. It is getting so dreary and cold here

xoxo heather

p.s.- thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog last week. ;)

Shabby Chatue said...

WOW! Absolutely gorgeous stuff! I love all of it...especially all the glass, cloches and white.

Wish I could stop in! Thanks for sharing ♥

Shabby hugs...xo...Dawn