Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Mothers Simple Strawberry Jam

     
      1: 2kg Sstrawberry's   2: Wash them          3: Into a big pot

     
   4: 2kg Sugar           5: into pot          6: Stir together

     
   7: Squeeze lemons    8:1/2 Cup lemon juice  9: Pour into pot

    
     10:Simmer on low heat for an hour 11: With a wet brush rub suger down the sides towards the jam
  
  12: Put saucer in freezer for 5mins, pull out and add a small table spoon of jam on plate, run your finger through the center if the jam stays apart and doesn't run back together it's ready


    13: soak jars in boiling hot water  14: Jam covers in pic below

    
15: Pour in jam and cover allow to cool over night.
16: Decorate jam jar to your liking...

Hope you enjoy the yummy taste of my mother's jam recipe...
let me know how you go or if you have any questions on making the jam I'm here to help.

Kirstie.

8 comments:

Lore♥ said...

Muy buena receta
que rico!!!!!!!
estoy encantada
con lo que me gustan las frutillas
beso
Lorena

Alison Gibbs said...

Mmmmm yummy

Lore♥ said...

Hola amiga linda!!
gracias por tu visita que alegra mi blog con tu comentario!!!
te deseo un hermoso fin de semana
cariños
un abrazo grande
Lore

Alicia ~ time worn style said...

I do believe I have been a very lucky girl and had a taste of this special jam. All I can say ~ superb!!!

Erin said...

Yummy Kirstie! Thanks so much for sharing! Strawberry jam is my fav. Don't you love how our mothers have all these old delicious recipes! They made nearly everything from scratch.
Erin.xx

Ann-Marie ~ Brambly said...

Your photos are beautiful and make my mouth water. Suddenly, I have the desire to bake biscuits.I used to make jam with my grandmother, but I'm ashamed to admit I haven't made it as an adult. Perhaps I should invite my mom over for lesson. Wonderful post, thank you.Have a beautiful day!

Ann-Marie

Shabbyprimdelights said...

Hi Kirstie..your jam looks delicious and my favourite kind...actually the only kind I like. Thanx for visiting and your lovely comment.
Michelle

mo said...

Just what I have been searching for!

A perfect recipe for strawberry jam.

Wow! Thank you so much.

I am your newest follower.

*hugs*

mo